Friday 16 January 2015

New Year, New Challenges!

Happy New Year!

It's been a very relaxed and chilled out start to 2015 for us. The kids have been on school holidays and are still playing (reasonably) nicely together, we've been up the coast at beautiful Boomerang Beach for our lovely annual holiday with friends and for the first 7 days of January, I put my creative hat on and did the Interiors Addict #7vignettes styling challenge on Instagram.

This was my second attempt at it and it really does push you out of your comfort zone... I was extremely shocked and delighted that I won the Domayne-sponsored December challenge (link here) so I figured this month's Kip & Co #7vignettes would really push me and one of my things to focus on in 2015 is creativity.  I'm not a natural and struggle a lot so this was the good push for the start of the year that I needed.

I decided that as it was summer and the holiday season and as I have been partaking in a bit of merriment (ahem, ok a lot), I would base it on a drinks theme. Clever huh?!?!

First off was sparkle...

Dry Martini with obligatory olive!

Then yellow... Who can go past some fresh lemonade?

Fresh homemade lemonade

Next was blue and I used the David Hockney-esk montage picture I bought at my son's school art auction. The drink was blue curacao, vodka and blueberry fizz - very yum!

Blueberry Fizz on ice by the Pool

Then green... Being a pineapple lover from when I was a little tot, I think this is my fave of the seven pictures. 

Refreshing pineapple with mint and lime

Pink was up next. It was actually more about the ice-cream than the pink milkshake but the kids were happy with the 3 or 4 cones they got to eat... It was a very hot day and they kept melting before I could get the photo!

Pink ice-cream and milkshakes - retro-style

Day 6 was rainbow and I really wouldn't recommend drinking any of these... 

Rainbow drinks with a side of M&Ms

And finally, black and white. OK, I know Oreos aren't black but they look dark enough!

And that was a wrap!

I loved participating in it and if time permits I will be there again at the start of February. To find out more, go to Jen's (Interior's Addict) website.

If you would like to follow my Instagram page, you'll find me @mintandfizz and don't worry it's not always about drinks!

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment